How to get rid of Bearshare

Discussion in 'Software' started by richardoconnor, Nov 11, 2008.

1. richardoconnor

richardoconnor Private E-2

I am running windows vista premium and I cannot uninstall Bearshare it goes so far in uninstall and then tells "could not open INSTALL.LOG file
    I would be grateful if anyone could help
    Thanks Richard

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and welcome to Majorgeeks

If that doesnt work make sure you are in the Admin account and happens if you locate the bearshare folder in Program Files and then click its uninstaller, maybe named unins000, uninstall, uninst, unwise etc

If not then try Revo Uninstaller as its good for these stubborn uninstallers, do run it as admin though by right clicking its shortcut and choosing Run as Admin

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  3. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

try this way locate the folder for bearshare in my computer,local c drive, program files,open the folder look for the INSTALL.LOG file right click rename it to INSTALL.LOG.EXE save then locate the uninstaller in the same folder double left click to start.in the box that comes up browse through an locate the same folder,in the look for section change name to same " INSTALL.LOG.EXE " press open and the uninstaller should start.choose uninstall from the menu click ok and away it should go,you may be promted to restart your computer to complete the process.good luck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds