How to grab my Kiwee avatar and convert to a .GIF ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by pacpis, Sep 14, 2007.

1. pacpis

pacpis Private E-2

Hy, i was just wondering how i can grab my Kiwee messenger avatar (the one i've displayed here but animated) and convert the file to a .GIF animated picture. A link to that .gif too would be appreciated:p . I wanna change this one cause it's a little boring:D

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Hope this works.

Attached Files:

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

4. pacpis

pacpis Private E-2

Seems like i wasn't clear, i want to grab the MSN avatar (animated flash), has anyone seen one like that? then convert it to a gif picture (with the skelleton moving:cool)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  5. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I'm getting it now so I can see what we can do with it.
    Not sure where this will be downloaded to your computer, though.

6. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

7. pacpis

pacpis Private E-2

8. pacpis

pacpis Private E-2

9. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Did you try downloading it? What do you get? What file format is it?

10. pacpis

pacpis Private E-2

I've tried downloading it with Orbit downloader like i do for other flash, but this one only give me a .swf file that doesn't show nothin :(

11. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Try this, if you like it...I was bored and made it up for you. You should be able to copy the .gif. Try right click and save as.

[​IMG]

12. pacpis

pacpis Private E-2

Thank u musksnipe, but i was making that all this day and i finally get it but the picture size is too large :

[​IMG]

13. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I'm a man of many talents...that's why women want me, kids love me, and dogs...well they lift their legs on me. LOL I used PhotoFiltre and a little app called UnFREEze.
    If you used a photo editor to do that, go to your "Image" selection in the menu and something like "Fit Image" and shrink the size 'til you get what you need. Basically you want to change the pixel size to 64X64 or less, which will shrink the KB size, too. Also you could remove some of the images from the .gif which will do the same with the KB.

14. pacpis

pacpis Private E-2

musksnipe, can u suggest me a software that can allow me to reduce the size of that picture from 76,2KB to at least 15KB cause in some forums 15 is the max. I've tried to resize with Paint .net, but the gif producted is not animated

15. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

PhotoFiltre or Gimp will open animated .gifs. (PF needs the plugin for animated .gifs) I use PF so don''t know how Gimp works. Both take some learning to get good at manipulating images (I'm still a novice) PF opens the animation as seperate images and you do your detail work then save as gif's.
    You may have to "save" or "save as" a .jpg a couple of times while setting the compression scale to 65-70 and then re-working your image after opening it again. (When saving you will get a window with a sliding scale that you can preview the KB size after setting the scale. Just click the preview button)
    When you are satisified with your final images size and details "save as" .gif (Make sure compression setting is set at 100 on the sliding scale when you save your final image, if it appears, or your images will blur some)
    Then they can be put back together as an animation with UnFREEz The more images you have, the bigger the KB. My Beaker avvie is at the limit with 2 images, but I did that as a first project, so you will have to play around to get the right size.

You can get PhotoFiltre here:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/PhotoFiltre_d4587.html

UnFreez here:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/UnFREEz_d4698.html

To go to the web page
    http://www.photofiltre.com/
    Click English , next page click Plugins and scroll to you find what you want.

These next links are the actual downloads, not a web page. (The URL stays the same as you change pages at the site)
    You can get the plugin here:
    http://www.photofiltre-studio.com/plugins/plugins/ImpGifAnim.zip
    If you want them all: The pack is easiest way to get the plugins
    PhotoFiltre Plugin Pack
    Good Luck;)

16. pacpis

pacpis Private E-2

ohh, these steps are too long for me cause i've got not enough time these days, so i hope one good guy like u that has PF can reduc my avatar for me, or i'll give up:(

17. dromano

dromano Staff Sergeant

great thread guys !
    Some things don't have to be asked just waited for. :D:D

Dan

18. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

**Sigh** I'll look at it and see what it's gonna take, but can't promise anything right now...I am in the middle of several projects right now.

19. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

There are 25 frames in the .gif you posted. Impossible with the knowledge I have to get it to weigh in under 15 KB. I took 4 frames, compressed them, changed the size to 64X64 pixels, and come up with under 15, barely.
    I was playing with just exactly this kind of thing and took it on as a learning lesson for me.
    HINT: You can't LEARN if you don't do it yourself. ;)
    Anyway, I hope this will work for you.

Attached Files:

20. pacpis

pacpis Private E-2

OK, thanks again musksnipe, i will learn more about that later, these animations are too heavy, when converting the original size was 6,60MB (400x337), i made it be 70x70 with 383KB then after reducing frame/s i got this one at 76,2KB (still 70x70). Maybe my next step will be to reduce more again.

Ohh, i forget to tell u i use which software :
    Orbit Downloader Grab + : to grab the .SWF file (1,12MB)
    Magic SWF2gif : to convert the swf to a gif.

Thanks.:cool

21. pacpis

pacpis Private E-2

I got now :D, just choose from which frame to start and the one to stop, but the problem is that it's animated on another forums, and not here, so musksnipe, how did u get urs animated here cause i tried both method, uploading and hosting, and it's still fixed as u can see :confused: here is the same picture :

Attached Files:

22. pacpis

pacpis Private E-2

After one hard hour of work i finally get it, i did all with the same software, thanks musksnipe for all advices

23. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  24. pacpis

pacpis Private E-2

Thanks for this program BILLMCC66, but with this one i can get animated picturerolleyes, nevermind, now i solve all that problem with Magic SWF2Gif :)

25. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Good work, pacpis.... It's always hard the first time through a new project, but it gets easier every time. I have been thinking about changing my avvie (not losing Beaker , just changing it around some) and the work on yours gave me some ideas.

26. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

It's actually pretty easy, Emma. You just have to get familiar with your photo editor. My Beaker is a simple animation. I found the image, shrank it some in size, saved it as a .gif, then opened it again, flipped it to face the opposite way, saved it under another name, and dropped the 2 images into UnFREEz, set the change speed, DONE.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds