how to increase my cable net speed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vinodxxx, May 29, 2005.

1. vinodxxx

vinodxxx Private E-2

can ant one tell me how to increase my cable net speed

it is very low abt 3kb.ps

plz help
    my e-MAIL vinod_game@mail.com

2. rusmur1210

rusmur1210 Private E-2

try using TCP Optimizer. it is available free here. just look under "internet tools". I think detailed instructions can be had at: speedguide.net

3. jeff6303j

jeff6303j Private E-2

wow...that is incrediably slow. My first thought is that you have some type of malware running in the background that is stealing your bandwidth, happened to acouple I know. Possibly some one else can have alittle better idea why it could be running that slow, but if all else fails, I would recomend either getting this thread transfered to syware people, or if not making a different thread AFTER you have read READ THIS FIRST

However, since this is a networking section, i would wit and try to see if they have any hardware/software settings wrong before going the malware path.

gl hf

4. NoRuff

NoRuff Private E-2

ya im a novice when it comes to internet connections but it sounds like you have something taking your bandwidth or your isp isnt giving you what your paying for

5. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

Make sure everything has latest firmware, drivers etc, Run full system checkup ( Spyware, viral, malware)

IF you are connecting threw a router i would suggest trying to connect via the internet directly threw your modem, see what kind of speeds you get there

www.dslreports.com would be a good place to run a free speed test as well as some of their other trouble shooting tools

call your ISP, find out if they are having problems on their end

failing that, use the force.

6. moyupae

moyupae Private E-2

Vino, don't throw your router or your modem! You'll likely break them.

However, if you are connecting THROUGH a router, I would suggest trying to connect to the internet directly THROUGH your modem. See what kind of speeds you get.

7. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds