1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to look at directory when index.htm exists.

Discussion in 'Software' started by stevef22, Dec 2, 2006.

1. stevef22

stevef22 Private E-2

Any programs out there that allow you to see a directory even if index.htm exists?

Example: I would like to see the image dir of this VB forum but I believe a blank index file is there.

2. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

VBulletin does not require an index page. It generates it own tables in the home of the domain. The image dir I don't think is open to everyone also.

Have you asked some moderators or webmaster of the forum to help you?

I am not sure this belongs in the lounge.
  3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Some older web-servers will give you a directory listing if you add ../../ at the end of the url, for example:

That might work. That's a bit of an exploit (of sorts). Not being able to view the directory contents is a security feature built into most modern webservers.