How to make a CD of noises

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bennos, Apr 24, 2006.

1. bennos

bennos Private First Class

I am wanting to make up a CD of generic noises. It's to help the baby sleep, household noises seem to put her to sleep.

I'll need a mic and a DVD/CD burner (got it). What's the easiest way of making up my own CD with my PC? How to start this little project?

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Windows has a sound recorder in accessories - use that with the mic.
    The sound recorder will create .WAVs and use your choice of burning software to make an "Audio CD" ... not mp3 disc, not data disc... audio.

3. bennos

bennos Private First Class

Thanks! Will try it out. Know any decent freeware audio editing sofware (nothing too complicated)?

4. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Windows sound recorder has a 1 minute record limit.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/Audacity_d4427.html It records and edits.

5. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

I can make you a nice CD for baby to sleep by, if you contact me i can give you details and send you a fue sample tracks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds