How to Make a DVD?

Discussion in 'Software' started by hiyooo, Oct 23, 2005.

1. hiyooo

hiyooo Private E-2

Hello I have decided to make a Home Video DVD with a menu and background music. So I can select more than one movie with the menu ^^

I read some guides on www.videohelp.com and I have tried DVDsanta, DVDStyler, Roxio.
    The problem with DVDsanta is, I made the DVD with 5 videos, but it only had 1 title. This one did not have a menu. I could only play 1 movie over and over again.
    The problem with DVDStyler is, I made the DVD with 5 videos, it had a background with background music. However it did not have buttons/menu. Therefore I could not even play the videos.
    The problem with Roxio, made no sense to me. I can not even input VOB files and I inputed a 400 MB mpeg file, it took up 1.5 GIGs of my DVD. Yeah that's just great..
    Out of all three problems I liked DVDStyler the best, it's simple and easy to use and free ;D but I just can't get it to work D;

I have a couple of files in different formats. (RMVB, AVI, MPEG) Some videos were recorded from my Video Camera, some were from another country. My relative sent it to me in RMVB format. I don't know why he made them in RMVB formats... Anyway I used WinAVI to convert all these files into DVD formats VOB files. After the conversion some of the files' sound were out of sync with the video. So basically I wasted 3 DVDs D; It's really frustrating when it takes 20-30 mins to convert 1 video, and it does not work afterwards.

Now the problem is, I want to make a DVD with a menu and background music + 5 videos to choose from (the videos are around 15-45 minutes). I have the 5 files in RMVB, AVI and MPEG. I am using DVD+r to create the DVD.

I just want to know what is the best Video Converter to use to convert these formats into DVD Format (VOB?). And what program to use for a DVD Creator and learn how to make a stupid DVD with a menu and backgroud music D; because I am having a lot of problems and wasted a lot of my time D; especially with the conversions. It is really frustrating. I gave up awhile ago, but I really want to make this DVD a gift to someone I know.

Any links/complete newbie guides would really help or even a reply could work. Any help would be really appreicated.

Thanks, hiyooo.

2. scouse

scouse Corporal

The best place i believe for you to get all the answers you need to dow ith DVD format/coding/converting/copying/splitting so on is at CD FREAKS By the way MGs is an excellent forum but with CD Freaks it is solely based around your interest of questions..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds