How to make a website

Discussion in 'Software' started by Metalist2, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Metalist2

Metalist2 Private First Class

Some help please? I'm a total newb to this.

2. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

3. Metalist2

Metalist2 Private First Class

Hmm. I just figured i'de talk to someone that is experienced in making websites. But okay, i'll check out the links, full of blah..

4. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

Its no simple thing, you going to have to learn html, probably javascript or use a program like dreamweaver or frontpage.

Its a rather HUGE subject, if you have a specific question shoot it, but just asking in general "how to make a webpage" Your going to have to do some reading.

here start off with learning html

http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

Then theres all sorts of stuff tofit your needs. Probably going to need a web server, if you want extra stuff like emailing or anything thats done server side your going to need to decide on an o/s, linux will more than likely involve php/mysql, windows will be iis/asp.

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Yeah, its a massive topic - if there is any one particular thing you'd like to discuss then that'd be the time to make a thread about it :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds