How to modify IE window size in shortcut

Discussion in 'Software' started by omegatx, Feb 20, 2005.

1. omegatx

omegatx Private E-2

XP Pro SP1 - IE 6.0

I have generated an IE shortcut, which references a particular URL. The shortcut resides in my Quick Launch toolbar. When I launch this shortcut, the IE window is not maximized, so I must go through the additional step of maxing out the window.

I have examined the properties section of the shortcut, but there is no option to enable a maximized window feature, which I have seen in other shortcuts. The window also seems to disregard any memory of the size of the window, when it is closed.

What is the procedure to insure this window will open maximized? Why is the "max window" feature missing from the shortcut? Is there another method to program this window or a registry edit to insure a max window?

Thanks for the feedback... Paul...
    ---

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

Simply make a shortcut to IE (not a bookmark like you have now), copy the one from start>programs if you have to. Once you have a standard IE shortcut, go to the shortcut tab, set run to Maximized, then on the "target" line change it to something like "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "http:\\www.google.com". Just change google.com to the link that was in your bookmark, that will open IE up maximized and then have it load the page.

3. omegatx

omegatx Private E-2

Thanks for the quick answer, Coco... It worked great.

Best wishes... Paul...
    ---

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds