How to overclock

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ThisChick, Nov 3, 2004.

1. ThisChick

ThisChick Corporal

Hi guys or girls

I was wondering, how do you overclock a CPU? I mean I hurd about it but never wanted to try it cause I didn't wanted to mess up my hardware but now that I don't really use the computer cause I got a new one, I wanted to expiriment with it.....so can anyone help..

thanks
    pam....

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

It really depends on your hardware like motherboard, cpu etc.

Usually, it's done through either through your Bios, by changing multiplier settings, or by changing the bus speed.

You should really try the "OverClocking Forum".

3. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Yea look in the Overclocking forum. Might I strongly suggest that you read up on all the procedures? Check the forums here as well as doing a Google search for Overclocking. I just done a quick one & it pulled up 2,720,000 sites.

Again overclocking can be done without killin' anything if you just be careful. One thing that really comes into play when overclocking is cooling. Read read read & you should be ok. If you aren't sure? Ask questions. ;)

4. ThisChick

ThisChick Corporal

thanks guys...I know it requires cooling and I was looking into liquid cooling after overclocking it....I am also thinking of doing it with my video card...

5. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

http://www.pcguide.com/opt/oc/

if you search this site enough you are likely to find someone with a simialr rig:
    http://www.overclockers.com/

i would make sure you dl something like sisoft sandra benchmark suite to test for stability ... keep in mind you can seriously mess up your computer doing it

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds