How To Overclock

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ThisChick, Nov 3, 2004.

1. ThisChick

ThisChick Corporal

I was just wondering is there a way to overclock my 1.7 celeron CPU.....

2. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Ok I done a little research for ya. yea yea I have no life, but that's another meeting. ;)

From what I've found, it's not uncommon to get it to 2.26ghz with Intel's retail heatsink/fan. Seems all they've done was to raise the FSB from 100mhz to 133mhz & boost the core voltage from 1.750V to 1.850V for stability. I remember you saying in the other thread that you were considering watercooling, if so, you could possibly get more out of it.

Now again, I would seriously do alot of research on your own before attempting any kind of overclocking.

3. ThisChick

ThisChick Corporal

thakyou for the answer, i really appriciated....

4. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

I cannot be held responsible for any "pulling of the hair & swearing" that might come from anything I stated in my previous post. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds