How to play .hgd file (recorded with IP camera)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Starday, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Starday

Starday Private E-2

My IP cam records in .hgd format. Along with every .hgd file comes .des file with the same name. Is there any player which can play this format or converter to convert it to .avi file or something "playable"?
    I can send or upload you an example of this file so you can experiment with it.

2. bang

bang Private E-2

Hello there,

You can use a video converter from .hgd to windows media player or any format you intend to. However, I could not convert .des to windows Media Player or any other format. Even I was searching for it, stumbled upon it. If you need any assistance, pls feel free.

3. Starday

Starday Private E-2

The situation is like this:
    IP cam that I am talking about is recording a street crossroad. Now, one whole day, recorded with this IP cam consists of many many hgd files (with des files). Now, I need to play some of those hgd files, not all of them. How can I do that?
    Can u tell me which converter to use and where to find it? Im googling all morning, but I didnt find any.... :(

4. bang

bang Private E-2

Hello,

You can convert the .hgd files only on Total Video Converter. However, only trial offer converts such files, not the registered version.

I am using PT7137 and encountered the same problems. There are 2 ways to get the recordings play otherwise.

1. Type the IP Address of the cam on your IE page and go to Configuration - Application - Video Clip - Enable Video Clip - Select Weekly Schedule - Time - Sequential - Email or FTP. The recorded video will be send directly to your Email or FTP server (if details are configured). All these files play in Windows Media Player 9.0 and above.

2. Download the software ST3402 from the website here, http://www.vivotek.com/downloads/software.php, configure them and you can play back the videos and even convert them to AVI files (Windows Media Player) or select them to save in AVI format.

NOTE: The software provided with your cam might be corrupt if it cannot play backup (as I encountered).

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to get back on my Yahoo IM bang_sledgehammer only between 10 pm to 05 am Indian Standard Time.

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds