how to play .rar files

Discussion in 'Software' started by tichyboy, Nov 10, 2004.

1. tichyboy

tichyboy Private E-2

hi there. don't know if this is the right forum. trying to work out how to play .rar files. running windows xp. 19 gig memory. any more info please let me know

2. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

.rar files are associated with a program called Winrar which extracts zipped files. Just like Winzip if you have heard of that before. So you will need to download winrar in order to open up and extract the contents of a .rar file.

3. tichyboy

tichyboy Private E-2

ok, will give that a bash

4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

another good one is powerarchiver, can open many types of files.

5. tichyboy

tichyboy Private E-2

anywhere i can get a full version of one of these instead of a trial version?

6. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

not anywhere that would be legal. for some reason even if the trial runs out in winrar, you can still extract files. i haev been using my trial for like a year and i ahven't had problems.

7. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

is there one in MG downloads?

try download.com and see if you can find any too.

8. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Why not just use winrar? So what if its a trial, doesn't mean you can't use it.

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

10. MechGeek

MechGeek Private First Class

11. MechGeek

MechGeek Private First Class

Sorry, just click on the izarc link you can check it out and download it from there. I should not have put the direct link up. (It doesn't work)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds