How To Recover A Deleted Email Folder In Live Mail

Discussion in 'Software' started by LindaJH, Jan 18, 2016.

1. LindaJH

LindaJH Private E-2

Today I somehow managed to delete one of my email folders in Windows Live Mail (from my desktop email program) and since it is the folder I store all of my work emails in, no need to say, I'm a bit frantic. My email is set to empty my deleted folder on exit so however I managed to delete the whole folder it's not in my deleted folder.

I've seen Recuva's free program recommended and I've seen a suggestion to restore my computer from the last restore point. Are either of these a possible solutions?

And, yes I know I'm a complete idiot for not having an anywhere close to current backup (especially since I have a brand new external drive setting in front of me, still in the box)

Any help, suggestion or comments will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Linda

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

System Restore certainly won't help - it doesn't touch your personal stuff at all. Among your remaining WLM folders is there a Recovery folder or anything similar? If not I fear your folder may be permanently gone. Run Recuva by all means - nothing to lose - and make sure you recover anything you find to a different drive.

3. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Have you also looked in your Recycle Bin to select the folder and choose "Restore"?

4. LindaJH

LindaJH Private E-2

Thank you
    Linda

5. LindaJH

LindaJH Private E-2

I did look thru there and didn't find anything from Windows Live.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds