How to recover a lost word Document...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Realryu, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Realryu

Realryu Private E-2

hello, friends. I have a doubt that's transforming into a giant headache.

Turns out yesterday i was working on a review of a game... i saved the document, the vampire rain document... but as i was on a running pace i decided to make another review... but probably the sleep i must have had was having it's best on me... so it turned out by deleting the content of the vampire one...:cry I cant believe i will have to do that again... so are there chances to recover the file... vampire rain-doc, in it´s previous saves?? no this one?

Help me please you guys i really need some help on this one.

Thanks in advance

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Don't load any recovery software on the same disk partition (usually C:) as the deleted file you are trying to recover. Otherwise you MIGHT wipe out, or write over portion, or ALL, of the file you are trying to recover. Bazza

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

4. Realryu

Realryu Private E-2

Thank you guys, for the help.
    I managed to find a perfect program...

Its called WordRecovery, but it's a demo, i havent payed it, i saw the file i was looking for and typed it on a Word document :D

A bit slow for my taste, but at least i didn't payed it :)

5. bigbazza

Glad you retrieved your document. I would recommend installing a file recovery program on your PC now, so that if it is needed in the future, it is already installed. That will help in future recoveries, if any. :D

By the way, we forgot to welcome you as a new member to MG, :eek: from Portugal no less. :major :cool :D ;) :)

Lots of data recovery programs at

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads38.html

Some are Free :major, some you have to pay for. :(
    Your choice of course. Bazza

6. Realryu

Realryu Private E-2

Ok I've got to thank you guys, for the welcoming... :cool
    And i am sure i will find out who is MG, from my home coutry ehehe:D

I will have a look at the link you posted, thank you oncemore;)

Can i ask you what does Bazza means? Lol, here in Portugal it means, it's not in the dictionary, but it means "Beat it" or "Get lost":D

I believe you give it another meaning:cool

7. bigbazza

Ooops, ethnical variations in different countries. ;)
    L-O-L is English for "Lots of Laughs",. Sorry about that. ;)

For a glossary of text messaging and Internet abbreviations (in English ;) ) check out the Webopedia entry(550 of them), at

http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/textmessageabbreviations.asp

Bazza

===

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  8. bigbazza

Sorry I messed up. "Bazza" is Australian (and other countries) slang for Barry.

bigbazza is my nickname is from big (I'm 6.6" (194cm)), and Barry. :D

9. Realryu

Realryu Private E-2

Lol:D

Got it... Its always great to share knowledge. By the way i was strolling along the highway of information and i came across with this book Sterling_hacker Crackdown.

Dont worry it doesnt teach how to hack... i guess there arent any books that teach that.
    :D

But the Writer said it was for the freedom of knowledge... so any idea where i could place this e-book??confused

Oh and by the way i just recieved my package of cd's\dvd's from Solaris.

Any idea how can i be install\work with this O.S.?

10. bigbazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds