how to recover deleted files...

Discussion in 'Software' started by pixbox, Nov 16, 2004.

1. pixbox

pixbox Private E-2

:rolleyes:a friend accidentally installed the system cd of my os :mad: and deleted the folder with photos that i have no backuo of!is there a way to recover those?pleaseeeee help.thank you

2. Sgtmackenzie

Sgtmackenzie Private E-2

3. pixbox

pixbox Private E-2

tnx for answering.i downloaded the freeware and was successful in finding the file nut i cant undelete it.it says that i cannot undelete it to drive c:\ but when i tried undeleting to another drive it says file not valid.

4. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Private E-2

Well thanks this thread also helped me! :)

5. pixbox

pixbox Private E-2

were u able to undelete the files?pls tell me how u did it.tnx

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I've got someone on the end of a phone who's doing the same thing.

I'm using Active@Undelete. (first link in SgtMackenzie's Post). I'll post how we undelete the files once we manage it (hopefully we will!).

Here is the HowTo http://www.active-undelete.com/restore-deleted-file.htm

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Hmm...

Tricky one this is.

Its FAT32 but sounds like the files have been partially overwritten. Anyone got an idea short of scanning the entire disk with a hex editor to pick out the file fragments?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds