How to recover files/password encrypted by Yamicsof Win managert

Discussion in 'Software' started by atik, Oct 12, 2012.

1. atik

atik Private E-2

I do upgrading my laptop from XP to W7 and want to move my files. Problem is that some of them were encrypted by WinXP manager (Yamicsoft) in 2010, and I lost/forgot password. Is there any way to recover files (now they even not transferable by Windows Easy transfer or Yamicsoft manager.

Any help, please.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Sadly of you have a password for secure files then you need to know said password again as most passworded files will not open unless you know the original password.

You could try emailing Yamicsoft and see if they can help.

3. atik

atik Private E-2

Thank you David for good idea! I'll certainly try to contact them, and will post results.

4. atik

atik Private E-2

They said the same: give me a password and they will open it...
    On 10/14/2012 6:14 PM, Support-Yamicsoft wrote:
    > Sorry, we can not decrypt the files without a password...
    > Regards
    > Steven

5. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

In other words, the software works as expected. You encrypted your data and protected it with a password, and nobody (not even the software makers) can open it without your password.

6. atik

atik Private E-2

true in one way, in another ... if I'd make an encryptor, should I be expected to be able to decrypt it. I guess they do not like to do it just for some legal issues. And that is why community might help. I am not expecting anyone will believe me that it is my computer and my files (yes, and my mistake/stupidity too :) - there are too many bad guys around to trust someone on internet..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds