How to remap keyboard button through registry (regedit)?

Discussion in 'Software' started by rickstermar555, Feb 8, 2011.

1. rickstermar555

rickstermar555 Private E-2

Hello

Both my CTRL and CAPS LOCK keys aren't working.

Background: I did spill a little water on the right side a couple of days ago, I opened the keyboard, wipe as much as I could off and I let it dry. All my keys work except for those and a few multimedia keys. I don't want to replace this keyboard. The CTRL works fine on my other keyboard, but I want to keep using this one because the other keyboard doesn't have keys that I need. It may be a bad wire connection inside this keyboard, but I don't know how to fix that.

CTRL+A, +F, +C, +V etc doesn't work.

I just want to edit my Left Shift button to function as a CTRL through my registry. I don't want to install additionally software. Can someone walk me through it?

2. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

I would strongly suggest replacing the KB with an identical one instead of messing with the registry. If this is a laptop KB then that may be your only real solution, to replace it.

3. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

4. rickstermar555

rickstermar555 Private E-2

thanks. that worked perfectly.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds