How to remove McAfee from my computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by Trigger Happy, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Trigger Happy

Trigger Happy Private E-2

Hi,
    I have a Compac Presario with Windows Vista. I recently installed the 11th version of McAfee that was passed on to me by a co-worker. When I tried to install it I had some trouble because it did not appeared installed in my computer's application and no shortcuts were created in my desktop. I recently purchased a new anti-virus program. I uninstalled what apeared on my programs as McAfee but a folder remained that said Viruscan. Inside that folder to items remain one that says "mcods" and another that says "mcodsax.dll". When I try to delete these items it says that it cannot be done because it's being used by another program. How can I delete these program so that I can run the new anti-virus program I bought.

2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

You can delete them in safe mode.In safe mode there is no needing for antivirus or firewall,so you can delete mcafee folder easy.
    After that run CCleaner to clear registry.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

4. Trigger Happy

Trigger Happy Private E-2

Thanks the removal tool worked great.
    Is the a tool like this one for removing Norton applications?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds