how to remove printer software

Discussion in 'Software' started by rcflyer, Feb 10, 2013.

1. rcflyer

rcflyer Private E-2

Hi all, I am trying to remove my printer lexmark 5150, this pc has been down for a few years, just getting it going again. the printer does not show up in add/remove programs, and there is not a unistall anywhere I can see. I do see that it is eating resources and want gone all together. I am running windows xp sp3, P2.4 gig and 1 gig Memory, thx for all the help Sean

2. Tonyrush

Tonyrush Corporal

Right click on My Computer arrow down to Properties. Click on the Device Manager. Look Under Imaging Devices Right click on the device that you need removed. Then click Uninstall. That should take csre of your problem

3. rcflyer

rcflyer Private E-2

hello, no printers are showing up in the device manager. this is win xp, but when I go to device manager there is no imaging device link. thx 4 the quick reply. Sean

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Control Panel, Printers and Faxes folder. Right click or hover over the printer and in the left pane, under Printing Tasks, you will see Delete this printer.

5. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

What resources are you seeing eaten?

6. rcflyer

rcflyer Private E-2

thx, I did not see an option for printing tasks, but when I go to start/control panel/printer and faxes, it showed my printer. right click gave and option to delete this printer and I did, however no software has been deleted. I also located to the folder for lexmark printer but no uninstall program, somehow also there is 2 lexmark folders, like it was installed twice, this pc is a mess. Sean

7. rcflyer

rcflyer Private E-2

In windows task manager, processes. LEXPPS.EXE 3500 mem usage, and LEXBCES.EXE, 3596 mem usage. thanks for the help. I also have cc cleaner but does not show up as installed so I cannot uninstall it. Sean

8. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

Reinstall the software which will install the uninstaller then use the uninstaller. You may even go so far as to use http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html instead of the uninstaller to get everything. If you do use Revo Uninstaller make sure you pay attention to it when it's asking if you want to remove registry keys and the like when scanning for leftovers, make sure the leftovers that you're uninstalling are for what you want to uninstall and not something else by mistake (rarely happens for me but it does happen occasionally). You'd still want to reinstall the Lexmark software first as it uses the Uninstaller program to start with, then cleans up the leftovers.

9. rcflyer

rcflyer Private E-2

Ok, I do not have install disk anymore, but located the setup.exe located in the lexmark folder. It will not let me install without printer (printer does not work no power) it is telling me to hook up cable. so that did not work, also, revo unistaller does not detect lexmark at all. this printer is being a pest for sure. thx sean

10. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Attached Files:

11. rcflyer

rcflyer Private E-2

First must say wow what a pretty girl, and 2 wow, thank u for going through the effort with teck support. worked great removed everything. After uninstall I ran CC cleaner to clean up registry, It picked up alot and fixed all, rebooted everything went great. thanks again. Sean

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds