How to restore Sims 2 from XP to Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Software' started by RainyA, Jun 27, 2014.

1. RainyA

RainyA Private E-2

My old PC had Windows XP on it. I backed up my Sims 2 files on that. Now I am trying to restore that backup onto a different PC which is running Windows 7. I have managed to install the game, with help from my husband who is much more PC literate than me, but when it comes to restoring my old backup we have both failed!
    I have tried copying the backup folder across to the EA Games folder but when I then try to run the game I just get an error message and it won't play at all!
    I have uninstalled it twice now and am losing patience and thinking I will just have to start again from scratch.
    Can anyone out there help me please?
    Simple instructions if any as I'm not great at this!
    Thanks

2. cosman25

cosman25 Private E-2

Are you running 64 bit Windows 7? Here is an article you may be interested in

http://sims2amyblue.wordpress.com/tutorials/tutorial-how-to-install-the-sims-2-on-windows-7/

3. RainyA

RainyA Private E-2

Thanks, but no, it is only 32bit.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds