how to scan/protect website files from hackers

Discussion in 'Software' started by plainjane8, Jan 2, 2013.

1. plainjane8

plainjane8 Private E-2

I design websites using Joomla and host them with BlueHost.com. I want to learn how to scan my files for code from hackers. Can you give me some safe ideas and/or links to do this?
    Thank you
    Jane

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, plainjane8...

I write my own code and pretty much know if something's been added/altered, so I can't cast any light on the use of Joomla. However, you could periodically submit your url(s) to VirusTotal which will give you a good idea about whether your code contains any nasties.

3. plainjane8

plainjane8 Private E-2

I have nasty code in my sites. how can I clean them?

4. Caliban

Good morning...

Depends upon what you refer to as "nasty code". If (in line with this thread's title) you mean malicious code then the VirusTotal link should alert you to any problems, as well as running your webpage through any good antispyware/antivirus routines.

If, however, "nasty code" is meaning badly written code, then submit your webpage(s) to the W3C Markup Validation Service. The validator will highlight any code violations and offer suggestions for fixes.

5. Caliban

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds