How to see whats on your computer and testing?

Discussion in 'Software' started by silas, Jan 28, 2009.

1. silas

silas MajorGeek

Ive been looking around and I was wondering where I go to find what specific things are on this computer? Like etc. What drivers I have, what motherboard, what cd, what kind of system, How much RAM, memory, usage this and that!

Also I want to find some testing things. Like I want to see if my computer is over doing my computer tower. To see if its getting old or bad anyway to test my computer with stuff? To see things. Ive seen temp. program to test temp of machine.... I leave machine on for 24/7 only time i shut off is to restart in laggy issue time.

So my question is there a sticky... and maybe there should be a sticky if not one.. to explaining how to view whats in your computer, all components are in it and installed working. And also links to test what is what and weather or not its working properly and updated.. and what programs can test this and that to see if theres errors/problems with the parts causing this and that.

2. Gensuknives

Gensuknives Grand pooty-meister

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

4. silas

silas MajorGeek

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

SIW is great! That's the only one I haven't tried yet! Thanks bb, an excellent utility which blows the others away IMO.^"^

EDIT: It even has secrets, like my current log-on and PW for the various sites I visit. Maybe I should delete that from FF's memory for security reasons.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  6. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Thanks augiedoggie and silas for the thanks. :major
    I have all 4 on my laptop and use them at various times.

Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds