How to set XP 'remember' login ???

Discussion in 'Software' started by akm, Apr 20, 2008.

1. akm

akm Sergeant

Where in XP (registry etc) might it be possible to (permanently) set login info like passwords and usernames/email addresses that you want 'remembered' by certain web sites ?
    I click the site provided 'remember' button/s, but often the site doesnt 'remember' when I try to login later (sometimes within the same hour).
    I clear cookies etc at least weekly (with XP Disk Cleanup etc) so maybe that is part of it, but often when I try the same day login (b4 any cleanup/s) the site does not 'remember'.
    Suggestions ?

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Check your privacy level in IE, it may be set too high. Mine is set at medium and cookies are accepted. I don't wipe cookies as I visit a lot of sites. My own preference that's all.

3. rjc862003

rjc862003 Corporal

.hack//DELETED!~

4. akm

akm Sergeant

ad
    Thank you for the reply.
    Mine is also set at 'medium'.
    Thought maybe there was a more fundamental way to set 'remember' in XP instead of cookies since there are instances when I have not deleted cookies but still no 'remember'.
    BTW, another reply was...
    Any idea what that means ?
    akm

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I think he changed his mind to post. :confused

6. rjc862003

rjc862003 Corporal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds