How to "show whats downloading"

Discussion in 'Software' started by silas, Jan 26, 2010.

1. silas

silas MajorGeek

I am using Firefox newest version and for longest time now I havnt been able to view the downloads when I am downloading something. The download box is just blank but when done it pops up in bottom right saying done. But I always had it marked as show downloads.. but maybe not? Any suggestions? The thing has been doing it before I updated to new firefox.. so its not the newest one issue.

2. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Tools>options>main>show the downloads window when downloading a file should be checked, then that should show the downloads in the window !

Rusty !

3. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

This says the problem is rare in FF3.xxx but it may solve the problem. Worth a try in my opinion. FF help documents look more difficult than the instructions actually are.

Basically, Close FF and delete downloads.sqlite and downloads.rdf in your profile folder. They will be recreated when you restart FF.

5. silas

silas MajorGeek

Tried that didn't work for me. But thanks!

Got it marked already thanks.

Thanks alot it did work for me. I had to mark the browsing history of downloads. Thanks again.

6. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Try this add-on for Firefox as it works great DownThemAll
    Rusty !

7. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Glad it worked for you. :)

Lucky for me, I only clear my history every month or so. I like the feature of typing a word in the address bar and having it search history and bookmarks and give a list of suggested pages. I only clear it because too big of a history starts to slow things down.

Mozillazine is a great resource. It seems like every problem dealing with FF has been answered but it is a daunting task finding the exact page that answers one's particular issue. I think it is the Wiki looking pages that turn me off. Always looks like a wall of text when the steps are usually quite simple.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds