How to stop startup of Ivpsvmgr.exe

Discussion in 'Software' started by drcarl, Sep 3, 2009.

1. drcarl

drcarl Staff Sergeant

Greetings,

I would like to stop Ivpsvmgr.exe from starting on startup....(lol - funny sentence).

I can not find reference to this file on the Startup Tab within msconfig, and can't find it in Services.

The actual file which is some kind of background automatic updater for this Toshiba laptop is located in C:\TOSHIBA\Ivp\ISM.

I know I could rename or delete it, yet am interested in disabling it is the usual way in case it is needed sometime in the future (when I've long forgotten about this obsession with stopping it)

Running XP, SP-3 on a Toshiba Satellite A25-S2792.

Thanx in advance.

drcarl

2. pistol

pistol Private First Class

3. drcarl

drcarl Staff Sergeant

WOO!

and Thanks!

(I kind of wish I knew ALL the ones I can disable)

Be well,

drcarl

4. pistol

pistol Private First Class

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Go to pcpitstop and look at the list of what is running in task manager. You will get a good idea if it is necessary or can be stopped from loading at startup.
    Start here http://www.pcpitstop.com/libraries/process/
    and type the name of the process in the search box.

6. drcarl

drcarl Staff Sergeant

Thanks guys...I've spent many hours tweaking thanks to the help of the awesome Black Viper site. Now I've added the other two to my library of bookmarks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds