How to stop the My Pictures file from reappearing

Discussion in 'Software' started by max47, Jan 29, 2007.

1. max47

max47 Private E-2

Would someone please tell me how to stop the My Pictures and My Music folders from automatically reappearing in the My Documents folder.

Thanks!

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I am not sure but aren't those preset Windows folders?

3. max47

max47 Private E-2

They automatically appear in the first My Documents window. I've moved them into another folder and use them to store photos and music. Now I want to stop XP from regenerating them each time I open My Docs.

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I don't really have an answer.... What I did for my written documents was create another folder there and just named it "My Words" It works for me but then I am easily satisfied

5. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

As you have probably realised, XP installs several predefined Folders in the My Documents Folder.

My Pictures and My Music being 2 of them.

This is an attempt by MS to tell you how to organise your Files by type of file (ie music into My Music, photos into My Pictures),

My Pictures will automatically be re-created, next time you reboot, even if you delete it.

There maybe a Registry hack, but I am unable to find one in my XP Bible book. Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds