How to update TXTSETUP.SIF for IIA drivers?

Discussion in 'Software' started by On edge, Oct 28, 2008.

1. On edge

On edge Corporal

I've been trying to update my Windows XP/SP2 CD with SP3 to have an updated version of this CD to use as a base for building a Bart's PE/XPE boot disk, to use with nLite to build trimmer versions of XP for my older computers, to use for setting up or loading the recovery console, and for anything else I might need it. However, the slipstreaming software I've tried (Autostreamer, nLite, RVM Integrator,...) doesn't seem to update to txtsetup.SIF file for the iaStor and iaahci driver files. At least I believe the SIF-file is the problem based on considerable amount of time I've spent working on this problem and searching the internet.

Here's a discussion of a similar issue: http://juice.altiris.com/tech-tip/2274/hp-computers-and-the-new-sata-ich8m-drivers

The third to last post describes how someone updated his or her txtsetup.sif to correct their analogous problem. I believe I need to do a similar update for my file. I already tried the changes the above mentioned poster made, but my system didn't accept the new SIF-file. After I pressed R to enter the recovery console, I received an error message about a corrupt txtsetup.SIF (instead of the previous error of 'no hard drive detected'.)

Does anyone know how I can determine what to add to the SIF-file or is there any software that could do the appropriate updates?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. the exact error was something along the lines of 'value 0 in section [SCSI] with key "IASTOR." Setup cannot continue...'

2. On edge

On edge Corporal

Update: I contacted HP (Chat Support), and he said they are still working on OEM integration for SP3, and that currently their computers are shipped out with Windows XP/SP2 and/or Vista. (I have the Vista disks too, in fact, my computer came pre-installed with it, but I opted for XP). I suppose this means that Slipstreaming SP3 onto HP's XP disks isn't a straightforward process).

I still think the txtsetup.sif file could be edited to make this work, but I don't know how, so I suppose all my boot disks and recovery console will have to be SP2 based.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds