how to use SIM in dell laptop

Discussion in 'Software' started by dr_strange, Nov 10, 2008.

1. dr_strange

dr_strange Private E-2

How can I use my SIM module in my dell inspiron 1521 system.Is there any software needed or drivers

2. dr_strange

dr_strange Private E-2

I thought my system will shows installing new device or something or if see it in device manger when insert the SIM

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If the sim is from a phone, you probably have to buy a data cable to connect the phone to the computer and run a program.
    go here
    Code:
    http://www.howardforums.com/[/coe] and there are sections devoted to models of cellphones. You can find a discussion of the data cable and program needed.

There are also SIM card readers. You put the sim card into something and it plugs into the USB port of a computer. I suspect that it would include a CD with software needed to mange what is on the sim.

4. dr_strange

dr_strange Private E-2

Do you have a dell laptop. because SIM module was mentioned in the manual. but insufficient information on how to access or use it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds