How to View Office 2007 as 2003

Discussion in 'Software' started by RightGirl, Dec 31, 2008.

1. RightGirl

RightGirl Private First Class

I purchased, and downloaded Office 2007
    I HAD 2003 and should have stuck with that.
    I HATE 2007
    I've lived with the File Edit View Tools, etc toolbar for well over a decade and am running 3 businesses and barely have time to sleep, much less retrain myself on Office software.
    Usually there's an option to view your new software as your old software.
    I'm not finding that here.
    Does anyone know how to set Office 2007 to be viewed as 2003?
    Linda

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Sadly no in Office 2007 the menus and the ability to go back to the old style legacy has been removed.

Some tools emerged to give some of this functinality back, but never tried any of them as got used to the Ribbon Menu fairly quickly and use a fair amount of shortcut keys before and they still work.... did find out that the Ribbon menu did increase mine and others productivity after a month or so as tasks where easy to find as no more going through one menu to find another and another to get to the task.

http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/20/111 (their is a Starter edition that free, but limited)
    http://www.addintools.com/english/menuoffice/

3. RightGirl

Not the answer I was looking for
    but thank you so much for answering :)

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

5. RightGirl

I definitely will
    thank you so much !!!!
    I can use all the help I can get right now :)
    thanx !!

6. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds