howto block unwanted yahoo toolbar

Discussion in 'Software' started by oldstumpy2, Sep 6, 2009.

1. oldstumpy2

oldstumpy2 Private E-2

Hello Everyone: I have a delema i need help with please, my 30 some year old son keeps installing yahoo messenger,and yahoo toolbar on my computer which i don't want on it i have already asked him not to do this,is there anyway to permenently block this from happing other than just beening rude and restricting him from using my computer. Thanks Agian:cool oldstumpy2

2. oldstumpy2

oldstumpy2 Private E-2

Hello Folks: This is old stumpy2 agian just wanted to say that i am using firefox browser Thanks.

3. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

To get rid of the toolbar, right click on the empty space next to Bookmarks, Tools, Help, etc. and click Yahoo Toolbar. It will then dissappear.

EDIT: However, to remove it rather than just hiding it, click TOOLS then ADDONS then click PLUGINS(which is on the top, with a pictue of a leggo piece). Then click Yahoo Toolbar and click uninstall.

4. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Depends on how PC smart your son is, do you have a firewall installed? You might be able to password protect your firewall and block the programs from there I believe. What OS are you using?

Second thought, Halo told me about a MS program to restrict users but can't remember it, maybe he will stop by...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  5. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

6. ~Q~

~Q~ Command Sergeant Major

Hey old stumpy, you can set up a seperate user account with restricted permissions....

If your on XP - Take a look at this --> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/winxp/accounts.mspx

I cant find the vista guide right now [ill post it later if needed]

If you need any help following the guide just ask in here and we'd be glad to help you through it :)

Q

7. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Returnil does a similar job too.

I installed it yesterday, it protects only the C:, the netbook that I've installed it to already had My Documents and Downloads saved to the SDHC card so anything saved or downloaded is safe after a reboot.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds