Hp 625 Note Book Boot Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by den942, Aug 7, 2017.

1. den942

den942 Private E-2

I had to replace the hard drive. I wanted to try to clone part of the old drive to the new one. I have two ways to hook it up externally but EaseUS 6.0 will show a external drive but not access it. So I decide to try to install Windows 7 from the CD. It will not boot up from the CD/DVD. Also, while booting up, the "Escape" key does nothing. It will boot up with the EaseUS disk but not Windows disk.

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

3. den942

den942 Private E-2

Will this recognize an external hard drive connected via a USB cable? That is the problem I have with EaseUS 6.0. It acknowledges there is a hard drive attached but does not read it.

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

I have used it via usb many times, never had a problem

5. den942

den942 Private E-2

I downloaded the free version and it don't allow making a bootable disk so it will not work for me. The computer I need to move files to has a blank hard drive since it will not run the Windows install disk because it says it needs files to read the DVD even though it starts installing.

6. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

If it carries on giving these error messages, try swapping the ram over- If it has two sticks , try one at a time-in case it is a faulty ram problem
    From what you are saying, it could be that the hard drive needs to be formatted, and initialised - when there is no operating system, unless the hard drive is, or ram, is really faulty, it should load. As I am not sure what/how you have attempted this.....
    You need to connect it to another computer/laptop, and use Partition Wizard to copy a complete hard drive-
    .......copying a partition will only work for a data partition
    Please tell us
    The pc/laptop name- product code
    Which Windows version it has on it -OR,TRYING TO PUT ON IT- W7, W8-OR,W 10
    How much ram it has

7. den942

den942 Private E-2

HP 625 Sn: 5CG11010QH Windows 7 Home Premium. It makes no sense because it reads the DVD to start the instal and copie the files to install. Then a pop up says a required driver for the CD rom driver is missing and it wants it installed to continue installation of Windows. It doesn't say the hard drive needs formatted or any problem with the hard drive. It requests a driver for the CD Rom drive...

8. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Try the ram- I have to go ,now, before the missus brains me- I will look back in tomorrow.

9. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Just a quick one
    Your laptop stripdown - but I post this so that you can see wher ram is, and to help you if possible. You can see the ram within the first minute

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds