HP a6110n

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by miket51, Jan 4, 2008.

1. miket51

miket51 Private E-2

I just bought the computer used; upgraded memory to max and graphics card. The reason I picked this model was price - and I like AMD. Has a M2N68-La motherboard with an Athlon 64 X2 4400+.
    Info indicates this board will run a max CPU 5000+ at 65W.
    Question 1 - Will it run a 5200+ which is rated a the same power?
    Question 2 - Will either of these CPU's make a noticeable difference?

Note on a new subject.
    I have been playing on computers since before most of you where born (heard of a Commadore 64? - that was my third computer). Never been overly happy with MS upgrades, but take what ever shows up on the computer I buy. This one has Vista. In my limited experience it seems no worse than any of the previous upgrades. Why is it so hated? (I know this is a huge topic, but maybe I could get a few 1 line answers - what am I missing?)

2. kriscrash4x4

kriscrash4x4 Private E-2

i'll just put this out, id say its so new not much is compatible with it yet
    but in time im sure it will be accepted more so than now, bit of hype about
    not being able to download mp3 and other such software seems like another
    route MS is trying to steer towards. myself i'm stuck on win98 platform
    ME was similiar but too many problems but the right click "Open with"
    was a good idea that i used alot. I have a A6000N and mine had Vista
    too but switched to XP because you can make it look and act like win98.
    My first computer was a Amstrad 1640DD came with GEM software EGA monitor it didnt even have a harddrive. didnt get much of a chance to learn dos it wasent around much in my day wasent long win3.1 came out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds