HP Colour Laserjet 4500N

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RexNoctis, Apr 25, 2004.

1. RexNoctis

RexNoctis Corporal

Quicky question, just wondering if anyone has come across a similar problem.

I have a HP Colour LaserJet 4500N, it's hooked to my home network and will only print 50% of the time. If I send complex documents to it, it will just keep churning out blank sheets of paper until it's switched off. I don't have an adapter to connect to the parallel port.

I have had it print a complex photo pnce and it said it was simplifying the image due to lack of memory. It currently has 64MB installed.

My thinking is to replace / increase the memory but I don't really want to spend too much on this printer as it was a freebie (probably because of this problem) and I don't currently use it to it's full potential.

Also, on a side note, any ideas on where to get the cheapest consumables (in the UK), I need a new transfer belt, the cheapest I could find was £125.

Thanks,

2. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Have you downloaded the most recent drivers? Here's the download list page from HP for the 4500 series. Trouble shooting help there also (in panel to the left).
    Bill

3. RexNoctis

RexNoctis Corporal

Yep, using the drivers from the HP site, I don't think it is driver related because from tim to time I have this problem printing the internal diagnostic pages as well.

I've just grabbed a spare 8MB chip and replaced on of the 32MB chips in the printer. I can't replace the other 32MB chip as it aslo holds the firmware.

I'll have another look through the HP site for help, cheers...

4. RexNoctis

RexNoctis Corporal

OK, I found the problem, it is due to the transfer belt being worn out. I wasn't expecting that to be the problem due to the ptinter continously printing, but according to HP tech support, it's a known bug.

Thanks again.

5. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Cool rex. Glad you found the problem :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds