hp computer, partioned drive, unable to install updates...

Discussion in 'Software' started by lesley, Dec 30, 2004.

1. lesley

lesley Private E-2

I probably already know the answer to my question, and I don't think I like it!!

Have an hp t380a, looked like a good system after my last homebuilt system (with help from an IT friend) had little glitches. It has a 160 g hard drive, so I purchased Partition Magic (silly me) on the suggestion of the HP help line, since I wanted it partioned. Since then I have not been able to install many updates for the hardware, some of which is hp hardware. The one I am worried about is the keyboard/mouse (wireless). I haven't yet installed SP2 because I am worried about the driver conflicts.

So, does anyone have any suggestions about getting these updates to install, or is my only option (if I want SP2) to buy another hard drive, so that I can have various applications separate from my main hard drive, and reformat the current one so it conforms with the original hp specifications?

Thanks for your help.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

You might want to call HP back. Often times, these companies keep a partition installed for drivers or your bios. I wish I was there, I could probably figure it out, but as of right now I am not sure.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds