1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Customer participation program removal?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Grumbles, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

I recently bought the HP Photosmart C5280 All in one printer-scanner-copier
    and noticed that the recommended installation has included a program called:

HP customer participation programme 9.0, which is 212mb in size! I tried to remove it in Add or remove Programs (I use WinXP desktop), but the following message appears:
    Removal of these programmes is NOT recommended if you are going to continue to use any of the following devices with this computer - HP Photosmart All-in-one. I cancelled the action at this point.

Does anyone know how to remove the HP customer programme without affecting the printer?

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Hey G, I found this quote by an MS MVP.
    This is the link to that page. http://www.msblog.org/index.php/200...ipation-program-software-causing-memory-leak/

If I remember correctly, and who knows if I do, LOL I had the same program when I had my PhotoSmart camera. It seems like I uninstalled it.
    You can always uninstall it, test your All-in-One, and if you are having problems with it, you can always re-install it with the software that came with it. (I hope you aren't one of those who loses their software discs);)
    When and if you do re-install it, see if there is a custom set-up that allows you to exclude the Participation Program.
  3. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Thanks M
    It was very kind of you to gather this information from MVP.
    I shall remove it safely in the knowledge that I have got the
    original installation disc, should the operation make my printer
    less effective.

4. swannie

swannie Private E-2

I know it's a bit late to ask but did you remove this program and did it or did it not adversely affect your all-in-one?

I'd like to remove it but would like someone's advice.