HP dc5000 dvd-drive opens upon reboot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by glizitch, Jun 16, 2008.

1. glizitch

glizitch Private E-2

Hello all,

I am new to this forum but I am not new to IT. I am working with with an hp dc5000 and it opens the dvd drive everytime it starts or reboots. This is rather annoying while not that big of a deal. I had thought maybe it had something to do with the software, but now I don't think so. I just formatted the PC and restored with the provided HP restore discs, and the problem still occurs. Is there something I could do in the bios to prevent this? Perhaps a bios flash would remedy the situation. If anyone else has experienced this, I would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks in advance,

glizitch

2. glizitch

glizitch Private E-2

Ya know what, scratch that. A bios update was all that was needed. Sometimes when you type a question the answer just comes out in it. I had 1.0 before and flashed to 1.42A. This will fix the problem if anyone else is having the same annoyance.

g

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds