Hp deskjet 4200 series problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by arpitt, Oct 28, 2009.

1. arpitt

arpitt Private E-2

Hi, my hp printer is great, i don't use it that often but now it won't print at all. i refilled the black ink cartridge because it was empty. When i put in the full one it said that nothing was in there, but it worked. Just a few days ago the printer started acting up. Both of the cartridges have ink and it says on the printer that there is none in black one, as the black ink cartridge light is red and flashing. My computer says there is a cartridge problem. There is also an E light for error i believe. My computer is compatible and if someone can help i would gladly appreciate it! thank you so much !!

Additional Details
    I also want to know whether the HP 818 Black Inkjet cartridge (hp) can be refilled or not ??

2. lock and load

lock and load Private E-2

Might sound a bit basic, but, do a hard reset (unplug all power nothing connected) then reconnect it and / or make sure that the little circuitry on the cartage housing and the cartage itself is clean..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds