hp deskjet 6980

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wamniomniye, Apr 14, 2008.

1. wamniomniye

wamniomniye Private E-2

i have a deskjet 6980 and it recently as of last friday or saturday i'm not quite sure started leaking black ink all over the paper and inside the printer. i took the ink cartridge out and replaced it with a new one and it did the same thing over again. i was wondering does anyone know why it recently started doing that? it's really starting to irritate me and i'm losiing a lot of ink. it's only the black ink not the colored one. when i go to print it produced big black blotches all over the paper that don't dry for like 5 minutes so i know that can't be good i was wondering if anyone has a fix for it if so let me know ASAP!!

PLEASE

Thank You

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. wamniomniye

wamniomniye Private E-2

didn't seem to help it made it even worse to be honest

4. sach2

Sorry, I have to admit I was disappointed that the HP website didn't address your exact problem. Seems to me if this leakage is happening when the printer isn't on then maybe some little piece of plastic is stuck by dried ink somewhere besides the actual cartridge.

All I can suggest is gently poking around on both the far left and far right sides of the printer carriage [actual printer not cartridge] to see if anything moves in such a way that indicates it is sticky and could be cleaned with rubbing alcohol.

5. wamniomniye

wamniomniye Private E-2

i actually am calling HP support right now cuz i just got it not to long ago and they don't seem to know what's wrong with it either :D

6. sach2

Good, I'm curious what they say. Seems to me they should want to help fix it because they make their money on cartridges not on printers themselves. And you're not going to buy too many cartridges if the just pour out over the paper. Not at $40.00 bucks a pop. :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds