HP dvd 1035 freezes computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mojomug, Feb 15, 2009.

1. mojomug

mojomug Private E-2

So I installed the is on my computer and my computer freezes up while loading the desktop. Also, when I put a disc in the dvd drive it lights up and starts making clicking noises but does not read the disc......any ideas?

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

If the dvd drive is o.k with other disks, it might just be incompatable with this particulardisc, or, type of disc
    Sometimes a firmware update on the dvd drive can help
    I have usually found that when this happens, the dvd rom just does not @like' a particular disc - and thew computer will unfreeze, if you can eject the dvd-Sometimes, you have to restart , and eject the dvd whilst it starts up

3. mojomug

mojomug Private E-2

The drive is doing this with any disk I put in. If I try to boot the computer with the dvd hooked up the computer will not boot. I fit is unhooked the computer boots fine.

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

With it clicking, It does appear to be a faulty dvd drive,then but I would check
    The ide leads, and settings of the dvd drive (master/slave) just in case.
    I believe Halo once pulled me up on something like this, as noisy cd/dvd drives are not always faulty,and maybe had a fix for it- Unles someone else here can offer more help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds