HP DVD Writer driver needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by ouiglz, Dec 5, 2008.

1. ouiglz

ouiglz Private E-2

Does anyone know where I can find a driver for an HP DVD Writer 1035i? All I have been able to find out is that Windows XP recognizes this drive as an HP DVD Writer 1035d FH22. I have looked on the HP website, DriverGuide, DriverFiles.net, opendrivers.com all to no avail. If you can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

:) ouiglz

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

If Windows is recognizing the drive as a CD burner, and it's burning CDs, and reading CDs, then you don't need a driver. It doesn't matter if the sticker says "1035i" and Windows says "1035d". If it works, it's not a problem. If it doesn't work (you didn't say if the drive works or not) then it is not likely to be a driver problem, but more of a hardware issue. I have had DVD burners that said one part/model # on the sticker, and Windows reported something different, but the device worked perfectly.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds