HP G6 display adapters drivers for windows vista 64 bit - AMD Radeon HD problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kufranji, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Kufranji

Kufranji Private E-2

Hi guys ,
    I am not professional in IT, but I can manage myself by following each step that you will recommend me to do to get these three drivers installed on my laptop.

My laptop is HP Pavilion G6 1250ee , I used to have windows 7 home premium 64 bit on it , but I installed windows vista ultimate 64 bit service pack 1 , which I will use it for a while and wont update it to service pack 2 in this period .
    When I installed vista, I had three problems with three drivers ; Standard VGA graphics adapter driver, BCM20702A0 driver and AMD Radeon HD 6470M driver.
    I tried to install the windows 7 drivers on my laptop that are on HP website, but it didn’t work properly and I didn’t get any result from that . Then I start searching online through Google, but I couldn’t find what I want. Then someone recommended to me to get DriverMax software , which gave me a good result for solving the problem of BCM20702A0 driver by finding (Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter version 12.0.0.0050) , but it couldn’t get me the AMD Radeon HD 6470M driver, but it got me another driver call AMD Radeon HD 6400M serious version 8.982.0.0000 that I could install on my Laptop so the Standard VGA graphics adapter problem ended by replacing it with this new driver, but after I restart the laptop for couple of times it give me error code 43 . This is the only driver that I could find by this software, after searching online for AMD Radeon HD 6470M driver that work on windows vista for almost a week.
    How can let this driver work properly on my laptop? Is there is any other drivers that can work properly on windows vista. Now Intel (R) HD Graphics family is the only display adapter that works.

Someone said to me maybe this problem happen with this driver because “It is because your laptop has 2 video cards to save power”.
    Then I tried to uninstall the Intel (R) HD Graphic Family, then it showed 2 Standard VGA Graphics adapters, one of them not working, after that I installed the Amd driver and it didn’t work. I just don’t what to do in this case. I wish just to find a way to let the Amd working on vista.
    If this is the case, what can I do to make this driver work properly? If not, can you please guys help me with this problem, because I really reach the point that I can’t know what to do! Even I tried to chat with HP customer care people but couldn’t get me a good result to find drivers for vista, claiming that the HP website only have windows 7 drivers!
    Please see the pictures attached in this post to let you have a clear image about what’s I am going through.

Thank you in advance.
    Yazan

Attached Files:

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Back in the day I would point you to the latest drivers. Rarely will they be where you bought your computer. those are updated about a year. After that they are serving you old drivers. Most companies update their drivers at least every 6 months, for example.'

As an aside, some desktop might have 2 video cards. One onboard and if upgraded a second card however these are usually set up from factory. Having video cards on a laptop is about as impossible as it gets as all laptops video cards are onboard. Having 2 different brands is impossible. I checked at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03000343 and you have an ATI video card which is good because the Intel card is weak.

Your error is weird because most drivers won't install if hardware isn't there.

So what to do? Uninstall any Intel video drivers and anything that is not ATI for video. Delete the fake Intel video card. Reboot and let a program like SlimDrivers figure it out for you:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/SlimDrivers_d6737.html

Next time, use that so you don't get this far in. SlimDriver would also install the correct motherboard drivers which is important to proper detection.

3. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Maybe, however he has something causing it, I suspect motherboard drivers.

5. Kufranji

Kufranji Private E-2

I swear by god guys i didnt what you told step by step ,I saw that after i download the AMD driver , it work fine then it ask me to reboot then it crash with error 43 ! I did everything you told me .....I just dont know what to do ! why this laptop wont take this driver , i used DriverMax software and it gave me to driver from Amd , i tried it both ...the laptop toke it but when ever i reboot it ...it do the same problem ... even i delete the Intel (R) driver thinking that the amd will work normal ....it didnt .

what do you me what cuase this problem is motherboard drivers ?

I am since 10 days everyday searching online to find a way just to install this driver and let it work.... i found couple of links , i want your openion about it guys :

http://www.driveridentifier.com/sca...D234078628F&hardware_id=PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760

http://www.driveridentifier.com/sca...ware_id=PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&SUBSYS_1CB21043

http://www.driverstag.com/category/hp-g6-series/

Please guys i need your help , i will follow each step that you want me to do ...just to fix this problem ...This is making pulling my hair ...since 10 days ! Thank you so much for the help

6. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

The funny thing with laptops I have found over the years is that drivers can be specific to the model. This means that since your laptop was manufactured post Vista, it MAY not function properly running it, or the W7 drivers may work just fine. Vista and W7 are basically the same animal, just kind of different breeds. Give the stock drivers from HP a shot, if you haven't already.

Your AMD driver is here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...EnvOID=4063&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=2

And these are the drivers for your particular machine:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...Id=5145704&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4063

Download the appropriate AMD file, uninstall everything video, reboot, and try using the OEM/HP drivers for 7 with Vista.

It just may work...

7. Kufranji

Kufranji Private E-2

8. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

It's most likely that your laptop simply does not play well with Vista.

The best thing you can probably do is switch back to W7. If you completely erased the recovery partition, instead of dual booting your laptop by partitioning the drive into two parts, you will have to go to HP for recovery discs. Hopefully you made the set of Recovery Discs if you formatted the drive to install Vista.

Not sure why you went backwards. :confused

Remember, your graphics are AMD but your CPU is Intel. If you did install the chipset driver from Intel (Intel 5 series) via the HP site, and then uninstalled your chipset driver that could be the root of your ills. That driver controls the PCIe lane, and the CPU/PCIe lane is separate and independent of the grahpics hardware.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds