HP Laptop - Sound Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Feb 12, 2009.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

HP Pavilion zv5000 series; model zv5340us; WinXP Home SP2 on a clean, newly formatted hard drive; all other drivers installed and working.
    The HP web site does NOT have sound drivers for this laptop. I have tried the 'generic' RealTek AC97 drivers and got hit with a BSOD. I have tried the ADI sound drivers available for other models in the zv5300 series; they don't work even when 'forced' to install. I have used several system info tools and have the following info:
    I have used Unknown Devices, Everest, PCWizard, and something else, and the above info is the same from all programs. If someone has one fo these laptops and you have the driver CD, or if you have the sound driver installed and can use something like DriverMax to back it up then upload it here, I would be forever grateful!! If anyone has a link, PLEASE HELP!!!!
    THANKS!
    :-D

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Problem solved. I located an 'optimized' NF3 driver pack at the following link:
    http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/1-vt70968.html?start=0
    I downloaded and unzipped the file, then pointed the Hardware Wizard to the Audio folder. :dood :celebrate It worked! I installed KB888111 before installing the audio driver, but I don't think it made any difference and probably wasn't necessary. So, if anyone else out there in MG land needs a generic nVidia audio driver for an older chipset, use the link I just posted. They have many different driver packs for nForce 3 thru nForce 7, with SMBus, ethernet, IDE/SATA, etc etc etc....
    Enjoy!
    :-D

[dlb]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds