Hp laptop wont boot to o.s

Discussion in 'Software' started by pongo, Sep 25, 2012.

1. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

When i turn on the hp i get black screen that says HP with options at the bottom ,but i cant get it to boot to a operating system?

2. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

it says primary hard drive not found,but it,s running a secondary test?

3. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

if i put in windows 7 disk i can run off of that but when i take it out im back to no operating system.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

The computer is not recognizing your hard drive.
    Since it is a laptop, take out the hard drive and reseat it. If the laptop still doesn't find it, the hard drive might be dead.

5. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

so what about secondary hard drive that seems ok,when i go to my computer and look a c drive it says drive 2 ,and as long as i keep windows 7 disk in the drive i can go on the web and do all normal stuff but when i take it out i have the ,just HP screen.

6. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

ok ..
    i took out the windows 7 disk after it rebooted to windows, and i can surf the web without the disk,it seems to only need to be in to boot to windows?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds