HP M7680n Windows 7 drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by greenbeard, Nov 25, 2010.

1. greenbeard

greenbeard Private E-2

Greetings fellow Geeks. I have a problem and desperately need your help fixing my computer!

I have a HP Media Center PC m7680n and I've upgraded the OS to windows 7. Now, The Ethernet driver is giving me an error and I can't connect to the Internet. I can't find any Windows 7 drivers on the HP website and really don't know what do do now.

Under the device manager, the Ethernet card appears to be installer correctly, however, when I check the LAN adapter settings I see the LAN is stuck on Unidentified network.

HELP!!

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, greenbeard.

Looks like your machine is using the ASUS P5BW-LA, which carries the Intel 82562V 10-Base-T LAN. The Win 7 driver is located here (note the distinction between the 32- and 64-bit files).

You might also consider rebooting your modem/router, and running the 'ipconfig /release' and 'ipconfig /renew' commands - these steps might help the 'LAN is stuck on Unidentified network' problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds