HP MediaSmart QuickLaunch buttons

Discussion in 'Software' started by stuckon, Nov 3, 2010.

1. stuckon

stuckon Private E-2

Hey, I have a problem.

I own an HP HDX16 laptop and I love it. However, recently I have been having an extremely annoying problem. Above the keyboard, HP has created a "Quick Launch" buttons that are touch sensitive. They include play/pause, stop, rewind, fast-forward, eject, mute, a volume slider, treble/bass slider, and wi-fi on/off button. These are very handy and useful.

BUT... Recently something has gone wrong with the treble/bass slider. It happens sometimes, but not all the time. I can be doing something (or even nothing) and the dialog box will come up displaying the volume/treble/bass levels. The bass level will "self-adjust" and just go back and forth. This interrupts what I am typing at that time and is extremely annoying. I cannot contact HP since my laptop is no longer under the warranty. I downloaded and installed the driver update from their website with no luck in fixing the problem. I think that the website also suggested that I download and install the updated BIOS. I haven't done that yet. Should I? Please help!!

HP HDX16 laptop
    I upgraded it from Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
    About a year old.

2. threegarages

threegarages Private E-2

Hey, did you find any acceptable solution to this? It's been a minor annoyance for a few months on my HP Pavilion DV8-1110e. But today it's almost constant, had to re-focus on this window with mouse about 20 times just typing this message. No joke.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds