hp multimedia audio controller and pci communications - NO SOUND! UUUUUGGGGGH

Discussion in 'Software' started by grangrangran, Oct 7, 2009.

1. grangrangran

grangrangran Private E-2

About 2 months ago I update my hp pavilion a527x pc with XP repair via hp's update that came with system under F8 system thingy. I had the BSOD prior to that. After the repair of XP, I now have not had sound. AC7 realtek updates from hp and other sites have all resulted in same thing-hardware wizard updates after reboot but I/O system problem prevents the update. yellow flags next to multimedia audio controller and pci commuincations modem thingy. Searched forum on majorgeeks but not really helping-have even tried the disk approach but can't stop the automatic hardware wizard updating on reboot.
    Any help will be appreciated.....I have the Everest and belarc nfo if necessary.
    thanks

2. grangrangran

grangrangran Private E-2

everest report upload

Attached Files:

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Try the following, here are the drivers for your model PC and XP, download and install the Via/S3G UniChrome IGP Driver Update as this should be both Chipset and Graphics, then reboot,

Then install the Realtek AC'97 Audio Driver Update, and the Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem Driver Update

You may also need to install this UAA HD Audio update as you only have SP2 installed, this update comes with SP3.

4. grangrangran

grangrangran Private E-2

Thanks Mr. Administrator, I am going to jump right on it this evening-I've been working on that thing for a loooonnnngg time=simply trying to handle it and learn.
    ck by at you either way.
    THANKS BIG!

5. grangrangran

grangrangran Private E-2

Halo
    Thanks for info on properly installing sound. I have attempted all you advised to no avail. I continue to receive on the PCI and Realtek an error from the wizard that the hardware experienced a problem and could not be installed. Also I installed the UAA thingy but nothing updates. Is that an automatic update or am I to go and update? I went to windows update but the screen after about 2 minutes indicates the website has encountered a a problem and cannot display the page.....Still no sound...please,please advise.

thanks greatly again.:confused

6. grangrangran

grangrangran Private E-2

Thanks again Mr. Halo for the nfo given.I have tried all you advised but the pci n realtek just will not install.sp3 also will not update. in fact, win update pg no go. no sound still plz help again.

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Try this instruction and see if fooling SP3 into thinking you have SP2 installed will work, and re-install the UAA driver from here

Then once you have chenged the registry code back from 200 to 300 as mentioned, reboot and see if installing the previously downloaded Audio driver will install and work ok.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds