hp multimedia keyboard no longer functioning

Discussion in 'Software' started by bokuza, Oct 20, 2009.

1. bokuza

bokuza Private E-2

hi guys. havnt been here for help in along while but i guess i have to break tat record now! im using the on-screen keyboard to type, its very trying so forgive this craptastic post.

comp:
    HP Pavilion Elite m9426f Desktop PC
    intel core2 quad cpu q6600@2.40ghz
    8.00gb ram

keyboard:
    came with comp along with the mouse. both are ps/2
    model no. 5189
    p/n 5188-6077

the original issue was that the extra media keys (email internet and so on) stopped functioning. the keyboard and mouse still functioned great though.
    i re-installed the driver for the keyboard, i can be found here.but i i alsoin myrecovery program, ive tried both. it worked just fine. but after a week of use the keyboard suddenly stopped responding while i was typing. i restarted prominently and reinstalled the driver again. did not solve the problem. after several times of restating, troubleshooting from the hp website, the mouse now will cease functioning i the keyboard is plugged in at the same time. a restart without the keyboard plugged.

ive tried to look up the driver i installed but hell, the device manager is not showing it. yet programs and features shows the install as enhanced multimedia keyboard solutions. ive uninstalled it and reinstalled it countless times to no avail. i dont believe that the keyboard is broken, for one second after the comp is powered on he lights and keys light up. i dont have another comp to test it on though....

thank you in advance.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds