HP Pavilion cannot boot up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pulk9, Jan 21, 2013.

1. pulk9

pulk9 Private E-2

I have an HP pavilion I think its a dv4 but not sure. The model number is 20C0-299WM. At first the computer stopped recognizing the CD reader/writer. And now it stopped recognizing the second partition on the hard drive. So now I can't recover windows 7 because the 2nd partition had the recovery files OK on it. Now I can't even recover through the CD drive. I heard there is a way to put the windows files on a USB drive and boot and recover from the USB. Is this true? Or is there some other way I can do this? I have a lot of very important files on my comp. If anyone could help me out I would ready appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

What exactly do you see on screen when you try to boot this computer? Does it boot into Win7?

Usually, doing a recovery from the recovery partition wipes all files and restores to factory setting which doesn't sound like what you want to do.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds