Hp Pavilion Dv4 No Bootable Device---insert Boot Disk And Press Any Key

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FloridaMichael, Oct 26, 2016.

1. FloridaMichael

FloridaMichael Private E-2

Hello,

When I turned this on this morning I got that message in the Title.

Trying to recover the data is the most important thing to me so I pulled the hard drive and using a Black-X USB device I plugged it into my desktop computer via USB. The computer knew that a Toshiba Hard drive was plugged in as it goes through it's install on the bottom right corner of the computer but it never assigned a Drive Letter.

So I went into Disk Management and it said I needed to initialize the drive which I did not do. I took the drive out of the Black X and using Sata Cable tried to direct connect to the MOBO of the desktop.

BIOS sees the drive but now the drive is not even recognized under Disk Management.

Is there any way to get to the file structure of this drive so I can at least recover the data?

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds