HP Pavillion integrated webcam not recognized

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by barucho, Jan 31, 2010.

1. barucho

barucho Private E-2

Hi everyone.

All of the sudden my HP Pavilion dv2166eu does not register its integrated webcam as existing. No software will see it (Skype, QuickPlay etc) and more importantly, in device manager there is no imaging devices category as if there is absolutely no webcam whatsoever. I have checked if it is connected properly to the motherboard and it seems it is. Have installed the right drivers and have tried with the Acer Chicony Drivers. But as i said, it does not even find it as new hardware.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to what may be causing this, and also some helpful advice. I use the webcam frequently, and would say i need it so thank you in advance.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Have a look in the BIOS to see that it is enabled.

What version of windows are you running?

3. barucho

barucho Private E-2

i'm running xp sp3, the machine came with it 2007, and although it's vista capable i've stuck to xp on that one. As for BIOS enabling/checking, i've tried to but never figured it out completely. Any tips?

thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds